cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EPO repository replication timeout

Hi you should contact MCafee they will add Dword registries which are going to increase the timeout period.

i found such information in one forum and it helped, but i don't want to advise you to do so because your issue maybe different.

do you know what registre i should add on my ePO to increase the timeout period for distributed repositories replication ?

I really need helpe here!!

tks...

noah
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 24

What's the difference between the repository getting an incremental update and each client performing an incremental update? I was assuming the repository would update in the same manner as a client, but is that not the case?

well i dont have 100% sure about what i understand, but when i start a repository replication the master repository sends the fully DAT file...  and this is the cause to the error timeout replication. I opened a case with McAfee support and they say to me to create 3 registry keys...

HKLM > Software > Network associates > ePolicy Orchestrator > Site Manager

Create DWORD

ReplicationTimeout      24
UploadFileTimeout       60
FTPTimeout     30

Where the numbers is a decimal and 24 is to 24 hours and 60 is to 60 minutes and 30 is 30 seconds...

when you increase the registry values, the time for your communication is increased

but i dont have 100% sure about this....

Sorry my english! I hope that i can pass my experience to you

Hugs!

Claudio Santini

Hi csantini,

that's what I searched for . But on which machine I have to set this keys? On the EPO server or on the replication destination machine?

Greetings from Germany.

Thanks and regards

Janni

rackroyd
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 16 of 24

Hi,

At the risk of sounding repetetive, as mentioned on the 23rd please open a case with McAfee Support. These details are administered on a case-by-case basis.

You should not be blindly tinkering with these settings

Rgds,

Rob.

on the ePOlicy Orchestrator... Here i restart my server....

Hugs!

Claudio

Bravo Claudio,

From where you get this info this is only for internal use i believe, the best way is to open a cese with McAfee support, because in some cases this is not the solution.(in this case that is the solution.)

This Internal KB is within KB.mcafee so you can just paste your credentials so everybody could get access to it.

Alexander_h,

I opened a case with my problem and i received this solution with McAfee support, so I don´t have credentials to McAfee KB...

My intention here is help anyone with the same problem than i had, but if the issue is not the same i recommend all of you to open a case with McAfee support.

Tks friends and sorry for any incovenient

Hi,

@csantini: 100% ACK . The motto of this community is "Useres (and of course experts) are helping users".

@meatlhead: Here ist the extract of the EPOAPSVR.LOG regarding our problem:

20110404034207 I #4672 SIM_InetMgr Session 1 ended, result=1

20110404034207 I #4672 SiteMgr  GeneralInetRequestThreadProc: GeneralInetRequest thread ended

20110404034207 x #4672 SiteMgr  SiteMgr main control final release...

20110404034949 e #89972 SiteMgr  WorkQueueUploadFile: Timed out uploading file avvdat-6305.zip to site Repository XYZ.  This is usually due to a slow connection or a thread hang.

20110404034949 e #89972 SiteMgr  ReplicateSite: Failed to upload directory tree to site Repository XYZ

20110404043143 I #89972 SIM_InetMgr Session 25 ended, result=1

20110404043143 e #89972 SiteMgr  ReplicationThreadProc: Upload data to site Repository XYZ failed

20110404043143 e #2984 SiteMgr  ReplicationThreadProc: Replication finished with partial failure

20110404043143 x #2984 SiteMgr  SiteMgr main control final release...

As I wrote, the bandwidth is the reason for our replication error.

Thanks and regards

Janni

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community