Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wudevr
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

EPO not Deploying Agent after Systems 'Upgraded' to Windows 10

I'm having an issue where if I join a new Windows 10 computer to the domain, EPO will deploy an agent and VSE to it.

However, if I take an existing Windows 7 system that is being managed by EPO and wipe the Windows 7 system and install Windows 10 on it.

EPO will NOT deploy an agent or VSE to it.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the 'same' computer being previously managed, but how do I correct this?

5 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: EPO not Deploying Agent after Systems 'Upgraded' to Windows 10

wudevr,

Did you remove the computer from the domain and wait an hour to allow your DCs to synchronize before installing W10?

DocB

wudevr
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply DocB.

Don't know why I should have to remove it and wait an hour. What a huge PITA if I were to do this for a full rollout.

None of my other agents, SCCM , etc are having any issues.

I did as you suggested however as a test and still no joy.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

wudevr,

You have to wait if you are in a large environment for AD to remove the computer from AD, then you have to run an AD synch job on the ePO server so it removes the system from the ePO database.

HTH,

DocB

McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Are you keeping the same system names when you replace win7 with win10? did you search for the system at "My Organization" level on ePO? It is possible that there are duplicates. For verification, can you please choose a specific system that is going to be upgraded to windows10. Delete it from ePO, perform windows upgrade and then try the usual method. I'm assuming there is no problem with credentials.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

What version of the agent is installed on the system before you upgrade?  Have you verified it is a supported version of the OS?  See KB's 51573 and 85784.  What kind of errors are you getting?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community