I've got a large environment setup with EPO orchestrator, where all clients are managed.
For this I have followed the manual: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24808/en_US/...
-- Page 192 - 196
I can see on my clients that the product update task is applied to my hosts:It shows below the AutoUpdate -> (managed) Update
I can also see that it is set to run daily at the specified time.
Yet the clients do not update themself, some clients aren't updated for 2 days, others for 5, these vary on most if not all clients.
Starting the update manually via the (managed) Update on the client, i can only assume it starts updating. It isn't showing it is running, nor is it showing when it finished.
Starting the update manually via the AutoUpdate on the client immediatly shows me that the update is running, and it will also tell me when the update last ran and finished.
I was inclined to create a support ticket, but maybe someone here has an idea?
I would like to mention that I simply jumped the boat for stepping into the EPO orchestrator environment. -> As in I joined the project and just had to follow the installation steps and the XML import for all policies, etc.
There are tasks running to update the master repository global update replication and download software product list. All are successful.
I've checked the DAT engine version, the creation date on the DAT file and the DAT file version - these are unchanged on machines that haven't updated since 3 months ago or the machine that i manually updated today.
The amount of patches applied is also the same.
I find it odd that there is no difference between a 3 months old machine and a new machine, as I believe definitions are updated on a daily by mcafee. Atleast I hope they are more often than weekly at the very least.
What version of the agent? On the client system, go to c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs.
The masvc log will tell if and when it invokes the update task.
The mcscript log will log what repositories it went to and if it failed for any reason and why.
Otherwise you might just need to open a ticket. There are so many reasons for update failures, but as a recommendation, first try the 5.5.1 version of the agent, as it resolves a lot of agent issues, including some scheduling issues. If you do try that version of the agent, be sure to also check in that extension and other associated files - the key updater, msgbus updater, etc.
from the looks of those logs upon initiating the update on the (managed) Update task there are a lot of Error traces in the beginning, but after some second it shows the repository connection works just fine and things should work.
Suppose i'll open a ticket to make sure.