cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EPO: lc.mcafee.com reports missing license key

I suspect that this is preventing: Installs (on some systems) Update failures General inconsistent and unexpected negative behavior from EPO to clients, etc. We have a license, but it is NOT reported in the back end server and apparently, I am the ONLY one that has ever experienced this since there is nothing in the KBs about it (that I have found). EPO server has direct access to the internet.
6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: EPO: lc.mcafee.com reports missing license key

In server settings, license key, is that populated?  If you go to software manager/catalog, does that refresh successfully?  If so, then the error is most likely that epo can't reach lc.mcafee.com due to proxy, etc.  Check the epoapsvr log for errors around that.  That is in the db\logs folder in the epo install directory.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

you for the guidance.

Unfortunately, the license key is present in server settings and EPO reports a connection to lc.mcafee.com

The link:

https://lc.mcafee.com:443/LicenseServer/LicenseWS.asmx/MLNodeUpdateCheck reports the license key is missing.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Is that all the epoapsvr says about it?  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

20200217210030 I #06664 SITEMGR Making license check call.
20200217210030 I #06664 SITEMGR Entering LMgrShim::Decrypt.
20200217210030 I #06664 SITEMGR Licensing buffer decrypted successfully.
20200217210030 I #06664 SITEMGR Leaving LMgrShim::Decrypt.
20200217210030 I #06664 MCUPLOAD Connecting directly to server lc.mcafee.com.
20200217210031 I #06664 SITEMGR Entering LMgrShim::Encrypt
20200217210031 I #06664 SITEMGR Licensing buffer encrypted successfully.
20200217210031 I #06664 SITEMGR Leaving LMgrShim::Encrypt.
20200217210031 I #06664 SITEMGR License check call completed.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Interesting, seems to be connecting fine.  I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee so we can look into it.  We might need a wireshark to capture the return traffic from our server.

Was my reply helpful?

I already opened a ticket (thought best to pursue multiple paths (yes, I have a multi-core brain :D)).

I am about to upload a MER I captured earlier this week (takes WAAY too long).

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community