per kb#: KB83384, it's fixed in 5.3.1
Yup, still experiencing it somewhat on ePO 5.3.1. By the way mcdave, you can restart all three ePO services to clear out all the "in-progress" tasks. That works, but a graceful solution would be nice.
If anyone is interested,
Determine hung/"In-Progress" ePO tasks in sql server. Run the following against ePO database in sql:
SELECT [Id], [Name], [StartDate], [EndDate], [UserName], [ParentId], [Status]
Where Status = 10
This Query will select all the hung tasks. Status 0 is successful, 1 is failed and 10 is hung tasks with NULL values in "EndDate" colum.
same for me with EPO 5.3.2. My Active Directory Sync got also stuck. Anyone have a solution yet other than SQL table changes? I'm just the EPO admin with no access to the SQL server.
First stop all mcafee services. Backup your Database. And run following query on SQL Management Studio. You can ask your SQL DBA for running query.
Delete From OrionTaskQueueMT where State=0
Generally, if a server task is stuck in the ePO console, I just restart the services and they then come up as "Failed" afterwards. I've had to do it so often, I've added it as a custom menu option in my PowerShell ISE, so I don't even have to log into the server to do it. 😛
First Stop Mcafee Services then In the EPO Data Base "dbo.OrionSchedulerTaskLogMT". Select "New Query" and use this query
update OrionSchedulerTaskLogMT set Status = '1' where Status = '3'
update OrionSchedulerTaskLogMT set Status = '1' where Status = '4'
update OrionSchedulerTaskLogMT set Status = '1' where Status = '6'
update OrionSchedulerTaskLogMT set Status = '1' where Status = '10'
Status 1 = Failed
Status 2 = Terminated
Status 3 = Waiting
Status 4 = Paused
Status 6 = Pending
Status 10 = Running
Start again the mcafee services.
Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center