Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notime
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

EPO Upgrade from V3.6.0 to V 3.6.1

They request from me to upgrade the epo from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1 because it’s compatible with windows server SP2.

I want know what recommend from me to upgrade.

And please tell me which one I should download it from the site

Thank you .
Tags (1)
5 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 2 of 6

RE: EPO Upgrade from V3.6.0 to V 3.6.1

IF you have fast internet that can handle large files take the full install (option 1), if your connection is slow and crud take the parts that make up the whole (spanned install).
notime
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

Thank you very much tonyb99
fad3r
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Bumping an old thread for help

Hi,

I have to upgrade from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1. Am I supposed to just run the entire installer over the 3.6.0 install?

Does anyone know if it is as easy as that? We also have the database on a separate sql server... do I have to run the upgrade on that also? I am not asking you to spoonfeed me (although feel free if you want to happy ) but just to point me to some documentation.

Most of the upgrade docs are from 3.5 to 3.6.0 and say if you are upgrading just substitute 3.6.1 for 3.6.0 in the upgrade from 3.5.0

I was searching and this (based on my queries here and the documentation site) is the best thread for me to post in (as opposed to start my own).

Thanks for all your help guys! The first time I came here you guys really came through so it is much appreciated
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 5 of 6

RE: Bumping an old thread for help

Yes just run it over the top its as easy as that
dont forget to update to 3.6.1 patch 2 (same thing over the top)
you dont need to do anything to the sql database
fad3r
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

This solution worked.

Thank you
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center