cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO Sort by AD USER group

I am looking to find a way to sort systems in the system tree based off of the AD group membership of the ID in the User Name field not where the computer is located in AD, does such a way exist?  I currently have policy assigned by user AD group but can't find a way to organize the system tree in the same manner.  If you try and do AD sync it wants to sync where the computer is located, when I select the location for that user group it is looking for computers there also, which isn't there.  Sorting just gives option by IP address or tag.   Any advice is appreciated even if that advice is "you can't do that"   Thanks!

3 Replies
tonyw
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: EPO Sort by AD USER group

Hi egenlauf,

That's correct.  The system tree can only import and sort machines based on their structure as an object in AD, not based on the user's assigned group.

Maybe some sort of (convoluted) TAGGING based on User Names, with sorting on the TAGS?

That's gonna get complicated very fast, but if your environment is small enough, perhaps that might work for you.

McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

​, i know you can restrict AD users login to certain machine at certain time. That's the only association of users to systems I can think of in Active Directory. I think you can evaluate your strategy again for importing systems from AD to ePO. I would focus more on organizing computers systems in AD OU. Then setup System Tree in ePO accordingly. I don't think ePO integration with AD doesn't go that far, meaning it's not able to see whether a user is restricted to certain systems. Even if you sync with AD using a domain admin account, the information just won't be there. ePO reads basic user and system properties from active directory.

i would focus more on organizing the systems in AD.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community