cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zrobb
Level 7

EPO Policy Catalog - How to add rule to group?

EPO new guy here.  How do I go about adding rules to a group?  I can create groups and rules, but cannot figure out how to add a rule to a group.  In the attached image I'm trying to move Test Rule A inside Test Group A.  There are predefined groups with rules inside them, so it looks like I should be able to do this. I'm running EPO 5.3.0 on Windows Server 2008. Help!

4 Replies
tao
Level 13

Re: EPO Policy Catalog - How to add rule to group?

Try - System Tree <> Choose the Group <> Assigned Policies <> Choose appropriate product <> There may be a "Default FW Rule" <> click on Edit Assignment <> Choose the appropriate rule & settings <> click save

0 Kudos
zrobb
Level 7

Thank you for the response, however, this doesn't seem to allow me to move a firewall rule into a firewall group.  This looks like where I can change which policy is assigned to a system group. 

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Ok, perhaps "Add to Catalog" under actions - Page 68

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22894/en_US/...

Its  been a long time since I played with HIPS.

0 Kudos

The group has to be expanded for you to move the rule into the group. So, click the black arrow to the left of the group named "Test Group A" so that it rotates from pointing right to pointing down. Even though there is nothing in the group, that will expand the group to show the rules in the group (which at this point is none). Highlight "Test Rule A" and then click the "Move Up" button at the bottom of the screen. The rule will then move up into the group and will indent slightly to indicate it is contained in the group. If you click "Move Up" and it skips above the group, it means that the group was not expanded.

It is not a particularly intuitive process WITHOUT at least one rule contained in the group.

0 Kudos