Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

EPO MSME 8.6 policy not applied successfully

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a quick question.
When I had the problem with the .rar attachements,

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Email-Security-for-Exchange/MSME-8-6-problem-with-rar-attachments/m-...

I modified the:
EPO - MSME 8.6 policy
Scanner settings
On-Access
Master Policy
Anti-Virus Scanner
Options
Edit
Packers tab
Exclude specified names

and added RAR in order to exclude .rar files from scanning.

Now that the issue is resolved, I need to remove this exclusion.
When I remove the exclusion by selecting “delete”, save changes, save policy and initiate an “Agent weak up”, nothing changes on the MSME clients.
If I change RAR with R, or disable the Packer detection, save changes, save policy and again initiate an “Agent weak up”, then the change is successfully applied on the clients.

Just to be clear, on the EPO policy I can verify that the Packers TAB doesn’t have an exclusion, just the default setting (empty space and “Add” at the end)

Looks like I cannot remove the exclusion once I create one.

Should I open an SR?

EPO 5.9.1 (build 251) EPO5xHF1241557

Product Name:    McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange
Product Version: 8.6.171.1
Service Pack:   None
Hotfixes:   Patch1

BR,
PCMCIS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: EPO MSME 8.6 policy not applied successfully

Jump to solution

Hi pcmcis,

That's an interesting situation to be sure!

Try as I may, I'm unable to replicate this in either ePO 5.9 or 5.10,I create an exclusion of 'RAR', which is applied as expected, then going back and clicking the 'delete' option clears it all away as expected!

Please do open a ticket with support, initially I'd ask that the call be placed with the MSME team, allow them to review and advise.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi pcmcis,

That's an interesting situation to be sure!

Try as I may, I'm unable to replicate this in either ePO 5.9 or 5.10,I create an exclusion of 'RAR', which is applied as expected, then going back and clicking the 'delete' option clears it all away as expected!

Please do open a ticket with support, initially I'd ask that the call be placed with the MSME team, allow them to review and advise.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

pcmcis
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello @Hawkmoon 

Thank you for your reply.

I thought this was an EPO related problem and that is why I posted the question on this thread.

I can manually update the local MSME policy on the mailbox server, but after a while EPO applies again the wrong settings.

I will open a support ticket.

BR,

PCMCIS

McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi pcmcis,

You were not wrong to post here, however,as I'm no MSME engineer I really want the MSME team to verify all is well first.

It maybe (ePO/)MA related, but rather then have the issue bounce between teams, have the MSME group verify all is well fromthere side as needed!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator