Yep here it is..

Message was edited by: minion on 8/14/13 3:34:58 AM CDT
mshah
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 44

Re: EPO Login page is not loading

Hi Minion,

Thanks for sharing the log. Unfortunatly I couldn't find any clue from log you have provided as the log is old which was captured on 30th July2013.

It would be better if you can enable orion debug level and reproduce the issue then get the orion.log along the bellow information: to enable orion debug log level you may refer article http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52369

-Which version of ePO are you using and it's patch?

-What is the version of SQL ? Is it installed on same ePO server or on  a remote server?

-Check the DB port and verify if the same port is listed in db.properties file.

-Also please check your IE security settings and make sure it is not blocking.

Thanks.

Manish

stickman
Level 12
Message 13 of 44

Sorry about that. Just found the event service is not starting. This is what is being used to get the logs for Orion correct?

I enabled the Orion debug log.

-Which version of ePO are you using and it's patch? EPO 4.6.4.

-What is the version of SQL ? Is it installed on same ePO server or on  a remote server? SQL 2008 R2 SP1

-Check the DB port and verify if the same port is listed in db.properties file. DB port is showing as 58308, is that correct?

-Also please check your IE security settings and make sure it is not blocking. Checked

mshah
Level 10
Message 14 of 44

The orion.log is created by ePolicy Orchestrator Application Server.

If I understand your post; your ePO log in page is not loading and when tried TS  the issue you found Event parser service is not running. is that correct?

If yes,

There is nothing to do with event parser if the credential is fine and application server service is running, ePO log in page will open and you will be able to log in. If the log in page itself is not opening it means there is something wrong with the authentication between ePO server and the SQL. Once this is corrected the ePO log in page will comes and you will be able to log in also the event parser service will starts. So here you need to check few thing as below:

1) ePO DB size

2) DB port

3) DB connection with the credentials

where did you see DB port is showing as 58308 - is it in db.properties file or in sql configuration manager. If you have not confirmed from both the side please reconfirm it (db port should be same in both the location)  and once it is done then go to ePO configuration page and test the connection. If the connection is succesfull with the provided credential apply it and restart all the three ePO services.

Location to check the port:

1 - SQL Server Configuration Manager

1. Click Start, Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, Configuration Tools, SQL Server Configuration Manager.
  2. Click the IP Address tab.
  3. Scroll down and locate the section IPALL.
  4. Make a note of the TCP dynamic Ports value ####.
  5. Close the TCP/IP Properties window.

2-To change the value of db.port= in the file db.properties.

1. Launch Windows Explorer.
  2. Navigate to the following location (default specified)
    ..\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\orion\ contains\db.properties
  3. Right-click on db.properties and select Edit.
  4. Change the value of db.port= to value obtained in Step 1 via the SQL interface..
  5. Click File, Save.
  6. Click File, Exit.

Note: Before making any changes to any file please make sure you have taken back of that.Stop and Start the ePO 4.x services.

1. Click Start, Run, type services.msc and click OK.
  2. Right-click on each of the services below and select Stop:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x.x Server
    McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x.x Event Parser
    McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x.x Application Server

3. Right-click on each of the Services below and select Start:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x.x Application Server
    McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x.x Event Parser
    McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x.x Server
stickman
Level 12
Message 15 of 44

Yes thats correct, found when I was restarting services that event parser is not running.

1) ePO DB size: 210GB

2) DB port: 1433

3) DB connection with the credentials: If i go to https://myserver:8443/core/config and I test DB then it connects fine?

@vuilwerking yep i have tried the compatability view option

mshah
Level 10
Message 16 of 44

Here I can see the port difference as you said in your previous reply the DB port is: 58308 and now you said db port is : 1433

I guess the db port 1433 you have seen from SQL configuarion manger and the db port 58308 you have seen in db.properties file. is that correct?

if yes,

Then please correct the db port number in db.properties(58308) file which you got from SQL configuration manager(1433). Means remove the dp port 58308 and put 1433 in db.properties file.

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 44

Ideally a clean set of logs would be useful here. Can you stop the services, then remove the contents of ..\DB\logs and ..\server\logs (or move the contents to a different location if you want to keep them.)

Then start the services again and once you have reproduced the problem zip up and attach the logs that  have been created - we can have a look.

HTH -

Joe

Tristan
Level 15
Message 18 of 44

Sorry to drift off topic.

How many machines do you manage to have a 210Gb database?

mshah
Level 10
Message 19 of 44

Joe is right. Once we have a recent captured log we may find some clue and tell exact steps to resolve the issue.

Highlighted

Compatibility View Settings in IE?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community