Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travler
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 30

RE: In the Same Boat!

I considered setting up our Pull Tasks the same way and for the same reason. But, in the end, I decided to have only a couple Tasks at exact times so I could have more control over the entire process. Plus, if something goes wrong on our network, depending on the time of day I know immediately whether I need to consider a new dat as a culprit. Finally, this may help avoid problems once or twice a year when McAfee sends out a "bad dat": if I'm really lucky with the timing I might avoid distributing the bad dat, and the bandwidth saved in not pushing out a bad dat is a bonus.

Obviously, this is a setting that depends on each individual's network, their type of business, number of nodes, their risk tolerance, etc. So, while I realize most admins want the new dat asap, I thought I'd just chime in with a different perspective.

Never happended before.

All,

We are also getting this problem now 10047 failures - Have never had an issue and though we are not on V4.0 as yet we have had no issues with the EPO in nearly 2 years!.

Anyone else get these failures since Friday? 5517 was the last sucessfull update.

Looks like I will have to manually bring these updates down for now.

Rgs

Bobby

RE: Never happended before.

We are getting them as of yesterday.....

MMmmmmm

I still only have a work around for this and McAfee have not responded to my update as it seems to me the problem is encrypted upd files?

Anyone else any advice to offer or experiencing these issues.

In all fairness our service is due for upgrade any time now but this will not change the fact that the upd files are now encrypted - or being scanned as encrypted.....

Kind rgs

Bobby

RE: MMmmmmm

We are on v4.0.3 running 8.7i. It started

2/11/09 11:59:56 AM Started: Pulling content from McAfeeHttp to Current branch
2/11/09 11:59:56 AM Pull from site McAfeeHttp complete, no warnings
2/11/09 12:00:27 PM Montagu Schedule Pull (Failed to verify the file hash, check server task log for details)

I have just had a remote control session with the Gold support and he has advised me to do a manual download and wait until tomorrow. In other words he does not know the answer!!

Paul
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 26 of 30

I have had the same problem with one of my cutomers, pulling from HTTP always fails with a hash error, we have finally pulled succesfully from FTP (Software->Repository->Pull Now->FTP)
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 27 of 30

I am also have the same problem. The server http pull tasks have been failing when trying to download the 5522 DAT. I am in the process of manually installing the DAT.

McAfee really needs to fix this issue.

The manual import works but the thread above mentions the FTP method works okay...
Highlighted

RE: In the Same Boat!

Same problem here!
We used the download url itself from the EPO server- I didn't know which of those files to download so I grabbed this one:
avvdat-5424.zip
Tried to import the package and still get "package missing required pkgcatalog .Z file"!

We disabled both HTTP and FTP pulls as they were failing for the last two weeks and tried to manually import the pacakage mentioned above.

Our DAT is at 5415 so we are out of compliance!

Good luck!
MNMac
Level 7
Message 30 of 30

Failing also

My V3.6 and V4.0 installs are both failing on the pulls. Hopefully Mcafee will fix this issue soon.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community