We are having McAfee EPO 5.1.1 server integrated with VSE 8.8,DLP 9.3.
EPO 5.1.1 Server with OS: Windows 2012 R2 SP1
Database Server : Separate server with OS: Windows 2012 R2 SP1 and SQL 2012 Enterprise installed
Due to some reasons we need to change the EPO database server which will be a new database server.
Having few queries:
Please suggest. We wanted to change the database server how we can achieve this without any issues in production.
the easiest way is...
1) Stop EPO Services
2) Copy the Database and Database LOG Files to the new SQL Server.
3) Attach the Database to the new SQL Server.
4) Configure a user who is dbowner of the EPO Database
5) Start the EPO Tomcat Service only
7) change the database settings
8) restart any EPO server service
9) check the EPO server Logs if there are any error.
Hope this helps,
Need assistance w.r.t. ePO 5.1 Application server backup and it's database backup and Security updates
Answers to some of your questions:
#2. This depends on your organization and if you are using the full or simple recovery model within SQL. For backup, once you determine your recovery model, just create a maintenance plan or job to perform the backup. For restoring, Troja covered it in his original reply.
#3. There is no ffect when changing IP, it will still try and go to whatever is listed via policy and in the Sitelist.xml
I put together the attached DB overview for ePO a while ago, you could go through it and see if there might be anything usefull in it to help with your DB setup.