Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amarj
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

EPO Database server need to change

Hi,

We are having McAfee EPO 5.1.1 server integrated with VSE 8.8,DLP 9.3.

EPO 5.1.1 Server with OS: Windows 2012 R2 SP1

Database Server : Separate server with OS: Windows 2012 R2 SP1 and  SQL 2012 Enterprise installed

Due to some reasons  we need to change the EPO database server which will be a new database server.

Having few queries:

• Taken EPO database backup if restore on new database server does it work or what is the procedure to restore it
  • How to give reference point of new database server in Application server i.e. EPO 5.1 server

Please suggest. We wanted to change the database server how we can achieve this without any issues in production.

5 Replies
Troja
Level 14
Message 2 of 6

Re: EPO Database server need to change

Hi,

the easiest way is...

1) Stop EPO Services

2) Copy the Database and Database LOG Files to the new SQL Server.

3) Attach the Database to the new SQL Server.

4) Configure a user who is dbowner of the EPO Database

5) Start the EPO Tomcat Service only

6) open https://EPO_server_IPSmiley Tongueort/core/config

7) change the database settings

8) restart any EPO server service

9) check the EPO server Logs if there are any error.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

hem
Level 15
Message 3 of 6

Troja
Level 14
Message 4 of 6

Perfect,

forgot there is a difference if moving between two external SQL servers or from a local SQL server to a remote SQL server.

Cheers

amarj
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Need assistance w.r.t. ePO 5.1 Application server backup and it's database backup and Security updates

1. How to restore the ePO server using server snapshot
  2. How to backup and restore ePO Database which is separate database server
  3. If in case Clients IP gets changed what will happen : Will they communicate to ePO server and update policies and DATs automatically: Do I need to do ''Wake up agent" on all clients
  4. We are having mixed environment: VMware and Hyper-V : It has been noticed that few VMs are getting updated automatically but few were not,I need to update them manually. How to comply 100% updation

Re: Re: EPO Database server need to change

Answers to some of your questions:

#2. This depends on your organization and if you are using the full or simple recovery model within SQL. For backup, once you determine your recovery model, just create a maintenance plan or job to perform the backup. For restoring, Troja covered it in his original reply.

#3. There is no ffect when changing IP, it will still try and go to whatever is listed via policy and in the Sitelist.xml

I put together the attached DB overview for ePO a while ago, you could go through it and see if there might be anything usefull in it to help with your DB setup.