Did you mean: 
Tefty
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

EPO & Agent 4 - Agent unable to find a valid repository

Afternoon all,

Looking for some guidance.

I have a client machine which was running Agent 3, VSE 8.0 and pointing to an old EPO server.

I have manually run in the Agent 4 on the machine from the new EPO server and everything seemed hunky-dorie, the client showed on the new server, agent wake-up worked fine.

I than tried deploying VSE 8.7i to the client and i get the following from the Agent log:-

12 March 2009 12:20:00 Info Scheduler Scheduler: Invoking task [New Task]...
12 March 2009 12:20:00 Info Scheduler Next time(local) of task New Task: 13 March 2009 12:20:00
12 March 2009 12:20:02 Info Updater Unable to find a valid repository.
12 March 2009 12:20:02 Info Updater Update process failed.

Any ideas on what could be happening?

I have had a quick google around but to be honest, much of what i read seems to be pointed at older versions of EPO.

Having used EPO 3.5 for over a year i thought i would go check the repository on the EPO 4 server but i was abit raised eyebrow as the repository folder "D:\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software" does not have a share setup on the directory where as my old EPO 3.5 software repository did.

Any input would be much appreciated.

P.S. I have tried to reboot the client after i manually ran in the new Agent to no-avail.
1 Reply
Tefty
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

RE: EPO & Agent 4 - Agent unable to find a valid repository

Fixed by completely uninstalling the McAfee Agent, rebooting and running in Agent 4.0 again from fresh (instead of over the top of 3.5).
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community