cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 5.9 event filter not working?

Jump to solution

I am just setting up a new EPO environment and it only has 15 clients right now.  Dispite the few clients, I have noticed a flood of event # 1118 and #1120 which are "Updated started" and "update complete" events.  Each client. when it is on and active sends one or two of these events each day.  This would be quite a problem to send these events once I have tens of thousands of clients.

These events are left unchecked in the server configurations' "Event Filter" -- 1118 and 1120 are set to not send to EPO which is the default.

Despite having the server configured to not let the agent send 1118 and 1120, the clients are still sending up these events.

Has anyone seen the event filter feature not work or had problems with unchecked events still reporting up to EPO and filling up the DB?

(ive opened an SR, but no luck so far determining a root cause)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: EPO 5.9 event filter not working?

Jump to solution

Please see KB89759 - it is a known issue with 5.9.0, resolved in 5.9.1

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Please see KB89759 - it is a known issue with 5.9.0, resolved in 5.9.1

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information.   Technical support, after digging around for a really log time, eventually landed on this solution - though did not mention that is was a known issue or that a KB article describing the problem exists.

The problem is exactly as described in the KB.  On a fresh install of EPO 5.9, when EPO agents are deployed, the event filter .ini file does not have the list of filtered/disabled events.  Once you toggle a event filter setting on the server and save it, then the clients DO get an updated event filter .ini file and the disabled events are listed in the file.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

what was your sr number?  I can look into that.  It isn't overly widely known, I am on the advanced team, so I can help with spreading the word

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

4-18304650441

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

thanks

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community