cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EPO 5.9 PIA 2.0

So downloaded EPO 5.9 and ran the PIA tool and well it didn't do a lot. Crashed the application.

Trying to run it against EPO on 2008R2 and separate VM with SQL DB.

Anybody else having this issue?

9 Replies
Reliable Contributor Nielsb
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: EPO 5.9 PIA 2.0

The PIA tool chrased also on my test environment Windows 2012 (non R2) and SQL express

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10

Allan Mellor,

I've had it on one out of three ePO servers I've tested.  2008 R2 and SQL 08R2 and the free SQL. Biggest problem is not being able to export the list of incompatible extensions for remediation on client workstations/servers before migration.  I've got a long list of incompatibles on a couple of 5 year old servers, I'll need to make a check list for uninstall on clients before server removal.

I think I'll update to 5.1.4 when and if it is released, then do the 5.9 in a January 2018 timeframe.  Anyone heard about more about the 5.1.4 release date?

HTH,

DocB

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Just tried the PIA and it crashed with the following message below. Can't get it to run on our test server. It is running Windows 2008R2, SQL 2008R2 and ePO 5.3.2. Hopefully they will come up with a solution as to why this is not working. Is this the same error that you are all getting?

That is the exact same error i am recieving.  Did anybody ever get an answer for this?

Thanks

Aj

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

I would suggest using a later version of the PIA tool.  That version had some issues.  See KB88906 for known issues for PIA.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi CDI,

I have actually just finished trying version 3.1.0.140 and still get the same error.  I rang support and they said this comes built in now with epo 5.10 so i downloaded that and took just the tooling, still same issue.

Seems to crash at the stage when checking SQL Server and Database Collation which as far as i know match.

Weird - I wanted to run this tooling and fix any potential issues before doing the upgade.

Thanks

Aj

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Please open a ticket with McAfee on that, as it should not be crashing.  We would need a procdump set up to capture a dump when the process terminates, as well as the pia log and preferably a mer for other contextual information.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

thanks cdi,

I did raise a case earlier and said i would try an older version just to check which still failed.  I will get all of that information over to them in the ticket.

Many thanks

Aj

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Good deal, thanks

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community