cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

EPO 5.9.1: Software Manager Fehlermeldung: Comparison method violates its general contract!

Jump to solution

EPO 5.9.1: Software Manager Fehlermeldung: Comparison method violates its general contract!

We have this on around 25 different EPO Installations at different customer sites. From SBS to Enterprise customers.

* All the latest HOTFIXES up to NOV 2018

* Happens if you sort on ENS 10.6 in Product/Software/Manager

* English Server, LOGON Language GERMAN

2019-01-21 12-34-12_local - visionapp Remote Desktop 2009.jpg

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: EPO 5.9.1: Software Manager Fehlermeldung: Comparison method violates its general contract!

Jump to solution

I can reproduce the issue on my 5.9.1 server.  It does not happen with epo 5.3.3 or 5.10.  Since it is reproducable, please open a ticket with McAfee so we can get it to development.  That is not something that can be fixed on a forum post.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: EPO 5.9.1: Software Manager Fehlermeldung: Comparison method violates its general contract!

Jump to solution

There was an ongoin dicusssion here in switzerland with MCAFEE Pre-Sales and MCAFEE marketing why WE as partner have to open a CASE for a CONFIRMED bug with a MCAFEE product that our customers (Not one) have paid for.

It's simply confussion and does not help the enterprise customers.

Service Request # 4-19663503551

6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

I can reproduce the issue on my 5.9.1 server.  It does not happen with epo 5.3.3 or 5.10.  Since it is reproducable, please open a ticket with McAfee so we can get it to development.  That is not something that can be fixed on a forum post.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

There was an ongoin dicusssion here in switzerland with MCAFEE Pre-Sales and MCAFEE marketing why WE as partner have to open a CASE for a CONFIRMED bug with a MCAFEE product that our customers (Not one) have paid for.

It's simply confussion and does not help the enterprise customers.

Service Request # 4-19663503551

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Customer opened defects have a higher priority than internally reported ones.  I can open an internal one if you want, but it would get much better visibility and priority when issue is known customer facing and reported by customers.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor bretzeli
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution
We have seen this in Germany on some clients. Hopefully McAfee will rush out a patch for 5.9.X EPO soon. Clients did not like the error and unpleasant questions came up. What if such a thing happens with events or Tag's? It's simply a coding fault...
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello Michael,

thank you for contacting McAfee Business Support.

A bug has been opened for the issue you reported.

I will contact you as soon as we receive updates from the Engineering Team.

If you have further questions, please contact us again.

Kind regards,

Monika Zelewa

Associate Engineer

McAfee EMEA Enabling Technologies

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved.  You will need to refresh software manager, however, but I did test it and it is working fine now.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator