cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 5.3 Software Product Catalog Download Failed

Hi all,

after some help please. i've just built my EPO 5.3 Server on a Windows 2012 Server

i've followed the instruction of placing the certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities. however when i run the server task i'm receiving the below error.

8/13/15 2:27:06 PMStarted: Download Software Product List8/13/15 2:27:06 PMStarted: Update Product Compatibility List Subtask

8/13/15 2:27:48 PMFailed: Update Product Compatibility List Subtask (No updates to the list of compatible products occurred. Enforcement of existing list continues.)

8/13/15 2:27:48 PMDownloading file C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\trial_products_list.xml.tmp.

8/13/15 2:27:48 PMDownloading file C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\licensed_products_list.xml.tmp.8/13/15 2:28:09 PMFailed to download file C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\licensed_products_list.xml.tmp. There was a connection error: Request timeout has occurred (12002).

8/13/15 2:28:09 PMFailed to download file C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\trial_products_list.xml.tmp. There was a connection error: Request timeout has occurred (12002)

8/13/15 2:28:09 PMFailed to connect to the Software Catalog server

8/13/15 2:28:09 PMCompleted: Download Software Product List (Failed to download the products list due to "Failed to connect to the Software Catalog server.")

Any help is great appreciated

Thanks

4 Replies
mmcgary
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: EPO 5.3 Software Product Catalog Download Failed

A 12002 error means our server is unreachable from yours. You may have a firewall or proxy preventing the port 443 connection to us.

Hello,

I tried paping, the result is below:

paping update.nai.com -p 443 -c2 (successed)

paping ftp.nai.com -p 443 -c2 (failed)

We have 2 environments (PROD and TEST) and the result of paping test is SAME. In PROD environment I CAN update components in Software Manager but in TEST environment I CANT! In TEST enviroment update always ends with "There was a connection error: Request timeout has occurred (12002)."

Where is a problem?

Thanks.

Mario S.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

check the epoapsvr log on the test environment.  Software manager goes to epo.mcafee.com and will show errors in that log.  See KB66797 for ports required.

Thank you very much. In TEST environment was not functional route to s-download.mcafee.com. It caused this issue. So problem solved. Thanks again.