McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 38

Re: EPO 5.10 Hosts not displaying under System Name

Jump to solution

ok thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 38

Jump to solution

I'm afraid the blank system names are reporting back to the EPO as shown. The Code temporarily removed the blank entries and when the on the agent-to-server communication it back.

blank_Names.jpg

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 38

Jump to solution

Please open a ticket with McAfee.  Here is the info we will need.

First:

Follow the instructions in KB90876 and confirm that the comparability level is set correctly in SQL. If it is set correctly and the issue persists grab a screenshot of this for verification. If that resolves the issue then you don''t need to open a case.

Second:
Run this query to get a list of client machines that are impacted (since you cannot see it in the system tree):
SELECT LN.NodeName NodeName
FROM EPOLeafNodeMT LN LEFT JOIN EPOComputerPropertiesMT CP
ON LN.AutoID = CP.ParentID
WHERE CP.ParentID IS NULL 

Then try to delete one of the machines from the system tree and have it communicate. It would be best if you had access to the test client before you do this test. See if the issue persists. If it does then we very much need a MER from an impacted client.

We need the following data after having gone through the steps above assuming the first step didn't resolve the issue:
  • MER from the ePO server
  • (Optional but nice to have) MER from agent handlers
  • MER from an impacted client
  • Output of the following SQL queries:
    select count(AutoID) as CountofSystems from EPOLeafNodeMT

select count(AutoID) as CountofImpactedSystems 
    FROM EPOLeafNodeMT LN LEFT JOIN EPOComputerPropertiesMT CP
    ON LN.AutoID = CP.ParentID
    WHERE CP.ParentID IS NULL    

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Just reporting back that the SQL compatibility work around did not work for us either.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 38

Jump to solution

You will need to provide the same data listed previously and open a case with McAfee for it.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 38

Jump to solution

hI @cdinet, I've logged SR already with the support with MER logs. Let me know if you requires SR number, I can provide SR# on private message. 

count.jpgSQL_Comp.png

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 38

Jump to solution

please do so i can track it

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 38

Jump to solution
ok thanks, sent you the SR# detail on private message.

Jump to solution

Also have this issue on 2 environments we have built but SQL is already set to to use 110 compatibility level.

Have also raised an SR and provided a MER from an endpoint which shows this issue.

Thanks

Steve

Jump to solution

To further add.

Had a call from support to confirm the issue. 

Checked ion the Sever_servername.log file within the \program files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Log folder

They wanted to confirm if we are seeing "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint" errors which we were

Then looked at SQL and was asked to try the following Query which might help as a temp fix.

DELETE FROM EPOComputerPropsStaging WHERE ParentID NOT IN (SELECT AUTOID FROM EPOLeafNode)

This did not help either though.

Have been inmported that the devs are currently working on a fix which could arrive sometime next week.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.