cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: EPO 5.1.0 Successful install but Agent Handler Service not running

Similer issue is observed , Looks like the issue is with the windows 2008 R2 i tried installing on our image and tested with CD base install and even i tried installing wiht out windows patchs still no luck.  Apache service is stoped automatically.

I tied testing on ePo 5.0 and ePo 5.0 patch 1 notice the same issue. I did raise a ticket to mcafee but could not find any .

when i installed on windows 2012 server its working fine, i started moving with epo 5.1 reposted 2 package.

Message was edited by: mcafeeepo on 3/10/14 2:48:48 PM CDT

Re: EPO 5.1.0 Successful install but Agent Handler Service not running

I encountered a similar issue, but instead of a clean install, it was an in place upgrade from 4.6.4 to 5.1. The installation was all successful but like you have encountered, the agent handler service was not running and would continously stop. In my case support was able to correct the issue by regenerating the server certificates as described in step 8 from the disaster recovery procedure.

In my case it turned out to be an issue during the Agent handler installation and was logged in the Ahsetup log. I don't know if this is exactly what you are experiencing, but it might be of help. I was told that sometimes during installation, the services take a while to start and when the Agent Handler setup runs, the service has not yet started and the certificate generation fails. They suggested in the future running setup.exe with the debug output=2 option. Yes it will take a bit longer and require more clicks, but it should slow things down enough so that all services are properly started before another component attempts to install with a service dependency. 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator