Happy New Year!
I'm having some issues with ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0.1. Everything was working just fine, but now everytime I'm launching ePolicy Orchestrator, I get the following message "The Local Event Parser service is not running" and "A database error occured while getting licence informations. Make sure your database server is currently running".
The Event Parser service is stopped and when I try to start it, it fails.
The AppacheSrv service is running. I tried to restart it and to start the Event Parser service but nothing changed.
I don't know what to do, do you have some ideas?
did you install a license key to the ePo?
Message was edited by: ron.wintrob on 1/13/14 3:29:23 AM CSTMessage was edited by: ron.wintrob on 1/13/14 3:29:53 AM CST
is your SQL service up and can you access/ping the SQL server? or localy via SQL studio?Message was edited by: ron.wintrob on 1/13/14 4:13:11 AM CST
Check whether sql service is running or not????if yes check whether you are able to login to database locally from management studio or not.....
Hello I have similar issue with Event Parser. Service won't start with following warn: mcafee event parser started then stopped... Cause of this issue is mismatch SQLServer TCP/IP port in McAfee configuration. I resolved this issue in the following way:
- run cmd.exe and enter netstat -an
- find sqlserver.exe and check listening port
- other method to find TCP/IP port in MSSQL 2008 is registry editor:
go to branch: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\Tcp\IPAll and look for value at TcpDynamicPorts attribute (this value is your TCP/IP port of SQLServer)
- run your favourite browser and enter mcaffe epo address for example: https://mcafee:8443/core/config-auth then provide your credentials
- now check whether Database server port in your epo config is matching with sqlserver.exe TCP/IP port (in registry or netstat as I describe above)
- if port doesn't match - change it in epo configuration apply and restart your server
In my case it's HIPS (Firewall was enabled), I've been able to load Admin console, got error license not valid but able to sort that out, seen that several times, then move the server to my removal task group, enabled HIPS removal task and remove HIPS on the server. Move it back to the normal destination and disabled all HIPS policy/client task on that group. Now update all software and install hotfix EPO510HF1b.
Lesson to learn: Always backup your server, backup all Task and Policy if possible daily with incremental backup!