cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 4 standalone upgrade to cluster

Hello,

Is it possible to upgrade a standalone Epo 4 installation to a clustered installation?

Thanks in advance for your reply!
6 Replies

RE: EPO 4 standalone upgrade to cluster

In ePO 3.6.1 you installed two seperate ePO servers and then clustered them with Microsoft Cluster Services.

Thanks.

I also have a reply from McAfee that it isn't possible to upgrade a standalone Epo 4 configuration to a clustered configuration. This is because the cluster configuration is now built into the installer.

I have already wondered where the epocluster.exe has gone in ePO 40. So there will be a sperate install package for a cluster installation ? Until now I did not find one ...

In EPO 4 the clusterconfig is an option during installation. So there will be no seperate installer.

That's also the reason why it isn't possible to change a standalone installation to a clustered instalaltion. When you run the same setup.exe it comes up with the question if you would like to remove Epo 4.

I have installed ePO4 several times and never noticed that option. Do you only get it when you run the setup on a server with MS Cluster Services enabled ?

So far I have only tried to install it in a clustered environment.

The following is mentioned in the installationguide:

Before Running ePolicy Orchestrator as a clustered application, ensure that:

• Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS) is set up and running on a cluster of two or more servers.

So I think setup checks for the clustering service and then provides the clustered installation option.