Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmc_za
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

EPO 4 not reporting Hotfix numbers

Running EPO4 Patch 5 and have found a problem where I am trying to run a report for all machines that have Hotfix HF427887 installed. I want to make sure the hoxfix is installed on all machines before I roll out Patch 8

It looks like there's a bug as if I query a machine with the hotfix installed it the hotfix number appears under VirusSCan properties / Fixes, however in the EPO report the patch number does not appear?

Are you not able to run a report for hotfixes? You can select Hotfix/Patch version in the report but it only returns the patch server (4 or 5) and not the hotfix?

Got the same problem on 2 EPO servers.

Has anyone gotten this to work before?
3 Replies
gmc_za
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: EPO 4 not reporting Hotfix numbers

After reading a few other posts looks like it can't be done from within EPO (time to open a RMA!)

You need to run a SQL query to do it.

Another 30 mins later and reading up on SQL I've written the following query to return machines with the hotfix installed. Hopefully it will help someone else out - returns the machine name, IP and hotfix no. installed.

select EPOComputerProperties.ComputerName,EPOComputerProperties.IPAddress, EPOProductProperties.Hotfix
from EPOProductSettings, EPOProductProperties, EPOComputerProperties
where EPOProductSettings.ParentID=EPOProductProperties.AutoID
and EPOProductSettings.SettingName='Fixes'
and EPOProductSettings.Value='427887'
and EPOProductProperties.ParentID = EPOComputerProperties.ParentID

Re: RE: EPO 4 not reporting Hotfix numbers

Great! Thank you for this...

Since EPO 4.5 is also still not able to query installed fixes, you helped me out with your posted script!

Many thanks!

Re: RE: EPO 4 not reporting Hotfix numbers