cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 4.6 failing to deploy agents

Hello,

I have EPO 4.6 in a small disconnected network, and it is failing to install agents.  I am trying to push about 25 agents down to client machines, and they all fail.  The server log in the web GUI has no additional information other than the task expired, the server.log file has no information on the tasks (no logs appear during the time the task was running).  All McAfee services started without issue when the server booted.

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks!

Greg

2 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: EPO 4.6 failing to deploy agents

Can you send an install just to one machine, and (assuming it fails) zip and attach the server.log?

Thanks -

Joe

Re: EPO 4.6 failing to deploy agents

Joe,

I spent some time looking at that log.  It was logging the installs, it turn out it was not able to initialize the database due to a permissions error.  Looking at KB56386, it looks like I had the "Impersonate a client after authentication" attribute set too strictly.  I am restarting the server with that attribute loosened - hopefully that will fix the problem.

Thanks for the help,

Greg

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community