cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdm
Level 7

EPO 4.6 dead after server reboot.

Jump to solution

I have a EPO 4.6 server that was rebooted after applying the Windows updates from 4/ 12/11. After the reboot, I cannot login to EPO and get a long list of failed initializations on the login page. One of note, is this one:

core - Error creating bean with name 'core.ext.taskGlobals' defined in URL [jndi:/localhost/core/WEB-INF/beans.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: The following extensions are in a partially installed state: [GSD7REPORTS:7.0.1105.104]

Now I had moved GSD7REPORTS out of the Extensions directory when I upgraded to 4.6, it was causing an error on the login page right after the upgrade. That extension directory seems to have been recreated.

How can I remove this extension manually? I know I should of checked the package out before this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: EPO 4.6 dead after server reboot.

Jump to solution

Looks like a problem with GSD Reports extension specific to ePO 4.6 upgrade. If you are not using the GSD 7 product and its reports, you can remove this by deleting its reference from the ePO Database.   Please take a backup of the ePO database before you attempt this:

Stop the ePO services.

From SQL Server Management Studio, execute the following SQL statement under the ePO database.

DELETE FROM OrionExtensions WHERE Name = 'GSD7Reports'

Go

You will also need to remove reference to the GSD7Reports extension from two locations in the file system:

Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Extensions\Installed\GSD7Reports

Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Conf\Catalina\localhost\GSD7Reports.xml

Start the ePO services

0 Kudos
4 Replies
georgec
Level 13

Jump to solution

Try restarting the McAfee services. Sometimes after rebooting I have similar problems and a restart of the services fixes it.     

0 Kudos
bdm
Level 7

Jump to solution

No such luck. Still the exact same error.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Looks like a problem with GSD Reports extension specific to ePO 4.6 upgrade. If you are not using the GSD 7 product and its reports, you can remove this by deleting its reference from the ePO Database.   Please take a backup of the ePO database before you attempt this:

Stop the ePO services.

From SQL Server Management Studio, execute the following SQL statement under the ePO database.

DELETE FROM OrionExtensions WHERE Name = 'GSD7Reports'

Go

You will also need to remove reference to the GSD7Reports extension from two locations in the file system:

Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Extensions\Installed\GSD7Reports

Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Conf\Catalina\localhost\GSD7Reports.xml

Start the ePO services

0 Kudos
bdm
Level 7

Jump to solution

That did it. Thank you!

0 Kudos