cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 4.6 Design Guidance

Jump to solution

Hi All

I am new to the forum and to Mcafee products. I am looking for some design guidance for EPO 4.6 rollout.  Our AD is flat with 4 sites. Plan is to implement one EPO server and respository at each site use http with apache instead of UNC for repostory.

have reviewed

epo 46product guide

epo 46hardware sizing and bandwidth usage

epo 450 best practices  and Agent 4.0 product guide.

regards

rajeev

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Re: EPO 4.6 Design Guidance

Jump to solution

OK - but if you are concerned about bandwidth usage, I strongly recommend you use lazy caching, and not replication tasks. Otherwise you could be using a lot of bandwidth unnecessarily.

HTH -

Joe

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Rajeev,

I need more information before I can give you assistance.

How many client-nodes in your environment?

How fat are the network pipes between the sites?

Do you know of any constraints?

That will be a good start.

Regards,

Mark

Jump to solution

Mark

Primary Site around 2000 on secondary it varies. Overall  all around 3500.  Connectivity varies from fractional t1 to. Regarding contraints there appear to be none as far as I know.

regards

rajeev

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Overall the design sounds fine - it all depends on how many remote sites there are, and how many machines per site. This controls whether or not it is worth putting a distributed repository on a remote site.

From what you're describing, I think an MA 4.6 Superagent on each site, in Lazy Caching mode, is probably a good approach.

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe

That is the intent have full copy  and updates with replication which conserve the bandwith.

rajeev

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

OK - but if you are concerned about bandwidth usage, I strongly recommend you use lazy caching, and not replication tasks. Otherwise you could be using a lot of bandwidth unnecessarily.

HTH -

Joe