Did you mean: 
akl71
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 69

RE: Rogue System Detection problem.

:rolleyes:

I am not sure who told you that EPO 4.0 was not stable under 2003 but we have been running it in production since the begining of the year without any problems. This is our first time using EPO so we started with a clean server. Who ever said it was not stable may have migrated from an earlier version and had problems. As a matter of fact about 2 months ago we migrated the server to a vmware 3.5 esxi host and have had no problems. We are using 2003 standard 32 bit with sp2.
jmcleish
Level 13
Message 43 of 69

I'm sure thats highly unsupported.... however, i'm curious
Do your policies actually enforce?
i.e. can you change the the user interface policy- menu items for example and does it get enforced correctly?

Cheers

I had the same problem with not being able to migrate my policies from 8.5 to 8.7 in the end I had to send support my policies and they sent me back a new policy file to import. I could never get out of support exactly what they did or what the problem was but they fixed it.
akl71
Level 10
Message 45 of 69

Yes policies are working fine, we have about 40 clients for testing and no issues so far.

One issue in ePO console with IE 7 ... 23 systems in one group but only 22 appearing in ePO console, to see the last system i should be able to scroll down but it's not possible. In FF3.5 it works fine.
jmcleish
Level 13
Message 46 of 69

I ended up migrating my 8.5 policies to 8.7 in my 3.6.1 server, then exporting those into 4.5.

This now appears to be working fine and my test machine is enforcing the policies correctly.

Jane

I had to upgrade IE from 6 to 7 on the test server that I am running 4.5 on. When I go to try and view the agent log I get the following message:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security settings do not allow the execution of script code within this stylesheet.

I have added the machine to the local intranet zone and it works fine. I was also able to add the subnet ranges that I needed and that also worked. However, I would rather just go in and make the exact change in the security section instead of having to add that range into the local intranet zone. Does anyone know what the setting is to correct this?

IE7 Security

Seems to me you just have an issue with IE7 security. Uninstall IE7 and leave it at IE6 for now... let MS work out the IE8 bugs first and then wait for MacAfee to get the support files up to date. :rolleyes:
runcmd
Level 10
Message 49 of 69

RE: IE7 Security

I'm in the process of replacing an old ePO v3.5 server with a v4.5 server that I am building from scratch. I am looking for a way to obtain a list of the on-access scan exceptions configured on the old v3.5 server. I plan to manually reenter them on v4.5; however, was wondering if any knows where the on-access scan exceptions are stored in the v3.5 SQL database. Can anyone please provide a table name and field name for where these exceptions are kept? Because v3.5 is EOL, support won't offer any assistance. Thanks!

RE: IE7 Security

Can you not just view the exceptions in the current policy that is set in 3.5 under On-Access Default Process Policies, or even better export it as an xml file and import it into ePO 4.5? I know that importing/exporting policies from one platform to a different one is probably not supported by McAfee, but i did a similar thing with VS 8.5 exceptions when i migrated policies from 3.6.1 to 4.0. Worked like a charm. I'm sure there would be no need to be delving into a database for that.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community