Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 69

EPO 4.5 has been released

FYI,

I checked under our grant number and see that EPO 4.5 is now available for download.

The only thing that I don't see is the Agent 4.5.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
68 Replies

RE: EPO 4.5 has been released

Thanks, I just downloaded.

Anyone running it yet? grin

Hi,
cant see with our Grant No.

Do you need an special agreement with Mcafee for 4.5 or must be an beta tester or something?

BTW: Its still listed under Beta Programs too.
twenden
Level 13
Message 4 of 69

No you do not need a special agreement. I would keep checking under your grant number during the day as sometimes it takes a few hours for it to show up. I would give McAfee a call if you don't see it by the end of today.
twenden
Level 13
Message 5 of 69

It appears that McAfee has added licensing to EPO 4.5. Their is a pdf called "FAQ for license management in ePO 4.5'. They talk about downloading a license key from the place you download the ePO 4.5. Has anyone seen this license key? Failure to use the license key will make your ePO server quit updating etc after 90 days.

Below is the first 3 sections in the pdf.

License Management in ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: What is License Management in ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5?
A: McAfee introduced license key and license usage tracking to help customers stay in compliance with McAfee licensing terms.

Q: Where can I get the license key for ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5?
A: License key is available on the download website, where you can also download the product. Proper grant number is required to access the download site.

Q: Can I run ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 without the license key?
A: Yes, without the license key, ePO will function as an Evaluation version for 90 days.
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 6 of 69

So we must perhaps expect that in the future VirusScan will also use license keys...?
twenden
Level 13
Message 7 of 69

You need to also download the help extensions for ePO 4.5. These only show up if you search the knowledgbase fro article number KB65478
twenden
Level 13
Message 8 of 69

FYI,

I finally found our license key. I initially didn't see it as it was up the very top of the first page after you log in with your grant number.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 9 of 69

Bah not out yet under my grants...
and although i can see the licence key heading in my products nothing under there either.

typical
geek
Level 10
Message 10 of 69

Same situation with my grants...