cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: RE: Leave off of EPO 4.5

Hi Pure

Am an engineer working in Al Rostamani Communications LLC, Dubai, UAE & we are the Gold Partners of McAfee in the region.

We have several reputed government & private concerns in UAE where we've installed McAfee ePO starting from version 3.5 to 4.5 with the latest patch

throught.

We've many important clients for whom we've setup ePO 4.0 with the latest patch on Windows 2003 with no issues. The last project I was involved in involved an upgrade on ePO 3.6.1 to a cluster redundant solution. I've successfully brought up a new ePO 4.0 server with the same policies & settings of the existing production server and on release of ePO 4.5 Patch 1,  we've setup the Windows 2008 Enterprise R2 (64 bit) cluster for SQL 2005 SP3 and ePO 4.5 with no issues.

Please feel free to contact us before blaming the partners of McAfee in total...

Cheers

Gravity_zero

akl71
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 62 of 69

RE: Leave off of EPO 4.5

8.5->8.7 Pollicy Migration

I see alot of concern about poilicy migration in 4.5 and I was wondering if there were issues with the migration tool included with the VSE8.7 install. EPOPolicyMigration.exe. I am doing inital testing right now, however if we are not able to migrate into 4.5 that might be a deal breaker.

Also can anyone speak to a 4.0 p4 upgrade to EPO4.5 or should I wait for the first patch? I'm really looking forward to this release because of the tagging, and one click updates. We are running epo 4.0 in a virtural environment and thinking of creating a snapshot prior to upgrading incase install fails (just wondering how stable the release is now from the community).

Thanks
runcmd
Level 10
Message 64 of 69

RE: 8.5->8.7 Pollicy Migration

One quirk I've found with 4.5 is that when I'm viewing the System Tree and have the "Group Details" tab active, it will not show me any information on subgroups until I first click on "My Organization" at the top and then select the particular subgroup. If I want to look at group details for another subgroup, the list will blank out again until I click on "My Organization" and then select the next subgroup. I'm using IE7 for the web browser.

Stay on 4.0 for now

"Also can anyone speak to a 4.0 p4 upgrade to EPO4.5 or should I wait for the first patch? "

I have perosnallybeen told by McAfee that the 8.0 client s will nto be supported in EPO 4.5
I'd call that a "quirk".
plus, I am concerned about the level of training on such a new product with McAfee reps. I have a 50/50 chance of getting someone who knows more than I do, as the customer.
Highlighted
runcmd
Level 10
Message 66 of 69

RE: Stay on 4.0 for now

Not supporting v8.0 isn't that much of a surprise to me--considering it's so close to EOL (or has it already reached EOL?--I seem to read conflicting reports). That's why we're upgrading all of our clients from v8.0 to v8.7. I must say that so far I have been very impressed with how well ePO v4.5 deploys VS 8.7 overtop of the old 8.0.

Upgrad EPO 4.0 Patch4 to EPO 4.5

I recently upgrade to new epo 4.5 and when I try to add new client task “on-deman scan” for VSE 8.7 Patch 1, it’s block.
snefi
Level 7
Message 68 of 69

RE: EPO 4.5 has been released

Hello

EPO 4.5 support 2008 R2?
EPO 4.5 patch 1 support 2008 R2?

Gabor Sneff
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 69 of 69

RE: EPO 4.5 has been released

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community