Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akl71
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 69

RE: Rogue System Detection problem.

I started the migration from 8.5 to 8.7 (no policies were migrated) and then exported the 8.5 and 8.7 policies to XML and both files have the same MD5 sum, so is there only one policy file for 8.5 and 8.7?

edit: Solved the problem! Opened the exported 8.7 XML file, replaced featureid="VIRUSCAN8600" with featureid="VIRUSCAN8700" and imported the edited policy file and it works happy
Highlighted

Out of curiosity - what editor(s) are you using for the XML mods. ?

Ta,

Jim

The other thing is that I read that version 4 is not stable in Microsoft Win Server 2003, do we have to install it on windows server 2008 ?? if yes, then can we install EPO 4.5 instead because it support clustering??

Can you give any references that mention this problem ? Would like to run this on 2003 as 2008 is not really likely for a while for us.

Jim

I am not sure who told you that EPO 4.0 was not stable under 2003 but we have been running it in production since the begining of the year without any problems. This is our first time using EPO so we started with a clean server. Who ever said it was not stable may have migrated from an earlier version and had problems. As a matter of fact about 2 months ago we migrated the server to a vmware 3.5 esxi host and have had no problems. We are using 2003 standard 32 bit with sp2.

Thnaks for that - good to know 🙂

Jim

Your welcome. The only problems I remember running into actually had nothing to do with the OS but with McAfee VS. I had 8.5 on the server before I tried to install EPO and it was not happy, had to go in and set serveral exceptions to get the install done. I would suggest either disableing both the on access scanner and the access protection before installing EPO.
akl71
Level 10
Message 37 of 69

Notepad happy

No - you misread my post - what editor(s) for XMP - NOT HTML 😄

Jim
akl71
Level 10
Message 39 of 69

The exported policy files are .xml and can be edited in Notepad.

Actually I got that - I was making a joke - hence the "Big Grin Smillie" wink - and the "XMP" was a "typo"

Jim
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community