Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runcmd
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 51 of 69

RE: IE7 Security

Thank you for the response. Please allow me to expand on the question a bit--if I export the VirusScan Enterprise policy of the root directory, I do appear to get a list of default policies; however, is there an easy way (other than stepping through one-by-one) to query, grab, export, and/or otherwise generate a list of clients, and their respective exceptions, which do not inherit the default policy and, instead, have custom on-access scan exceptions of their own? Or am I still missing something? Thanks again!

Should be fairly easy (although i have never used 3.5 only 3.6 and 4.0 so the information i am relaying may slightly differ). The easiest way to see which clients have what policy is to go to the policy catalogue. Drill into the policy you are concerned with (in this case it is VS On-Access Default Process Policies), and you will see on the right hand side which clients / groups it is assigned to. You can now determine which clients / groups have that particular policy assigned.

As far as which clients have which exceptions you can work that out by first determining the above, then taking a closer look within the actual policy to see which exceptions are listed.

I think you may have been somewhat referring to what i mentioned above in your previous post, but as far as i know there is no way of exporting that data into a meaningful format - i think you can only view it within ePO.

Unfortunately the Policy Catalogue was only inroduced with 3.6.......

Jim
runcmd
Level 10
Message 54 of 69

Thanks for the responses...

😞

I guess that brings me back to my original question: Can anyone please provide a table name and field name for where these exceptions are kept? If not, I guess I'm out of luck. Thanks again!
jmcleish
Level 13
Message 55 of 69

If you could do a ghost or a P2V (or backup and restore (if you have the install 3.5 media)) to a test machine, upgrade to 3.6.1 then export the policies out to your new server. That way you don't disrupt your production server.

Jane
Highlighted

Leave off of EPO 4.5

WISE! I have NO intention of using 4.5 consider their engineers are just now getting trained on it! sad Best to stick with 4.0 and use agent 4.0.0.1421, as there is no reason to go to 1444 as long as you can keep your remote repositories below 3.8 kb. 1444 provides an uninstall capability but you don't need it. Just delete the cmdagent.exe and then push 1421 again.

Learn how to use PSTOOLS, it will make life a lot nicer.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 57 of 69

RE: Leave off of EPO 4.5

Those of us who can spare a physical or virtual box are at least checking this release over on test servers.

So - does anyone know when ePO 3.6.1 now goes out of support ?

Jim
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 59 of 69

It goes out of support Dec 31st 2009. We are all going to have to upgrade to either EPO 4.0 or 4.5. I plan on possibly moving to EPO 4.5.
Pure
Level 7
Message 60 of 69

Morning!

I have question

we are planning to upgrade our EPO from 3.6.1 to 4 OR 4.5

We would like to implement cluster solution .. any advice on this?

The other thing is that I read that version 4 is not stable in Microsoft Win Server 2003, do we have to install it on windows server 2008 ?? if yes, then can we install EPO 4.5 instead because it support clustering??

I am from United Arab Emirates (Dubai) and non of McAfee partners (Vendors) know the technology very well .. we discovered by reading that the version the vendor is trying to install (V 4) does not Win Ser 2003. Luckily we are in the planning face ..

Please advice as I need to take a decision

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center