cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 4.5 email alerts stuck at "In Progress" status

Hello,

I am running EPO 4.5 and setup email alerts for "Malware detected and not handled" and "Malware detected and handled".  The alerts seem to have been working properly until about a day ago.  I now am showing about 30 events in the Server Task Log for these alerts all with an "In Progress" status.  The durations range from 24 hours to 33 minutes.  Any ideas as to what could be causing the alerts to get hung up and not sent out?

Thanks so much for the information!

4 Replies

Re: EPO 4.5 email alerts stuck at "In Progress" status

http://community.mcafee.com/message/104840#104840

might be fixed in patch 1 but I'd have to confirm

Andrew

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Yep, fixed in patch 1. See Item 61 In the Patch 1 readme.

Regards -

Joe

Highlighted

Thanks for the information!  I have downloaded the ePO450P1.zip file that says it can be used to upgrade existing ePO 4.5.  I have followed the steps in the readme document (completed a full backup of ePO, logged into the ePO server as a Local Administrator, and have the ePO and SQL Server services running.  After extracting the zip file's contents and running Setup.exe, I get the following error:

"McAfee Agent Handler can not be installed on the same system as ePolicy Orchestrator."

After this error, the upgrade will not continue.  Has anyone seen this before and know how to correct the issue?

GWIRT
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Don't run the Agent Handler installation, you need to install the setup from the root directory.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community