Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

EPO 4.5 changed Database and wont load!

Hi there,

I have just changed the database path on my Epo 4.5, and I restarted my server. Upon restart the application loaded but just showing me the Mcafee logo and no login screen... Can someone tell me what I can do?  I also need to revert back the original database but going on \core\config doesnt work!

6 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: EPO 4.5 changed Database and wont load!

Can you explain a bit more what you did? Do you mean you've moved the db to a different path on the SQL server?

Thanks-

Joe

Level 7
Message 3 of 7

yes I changed the Instance and Sever of the Database.. For some reason alot of red errors popped up.. I managed to revert back to my old DB untill I find out what happened.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Okay - but why did you do that? What are you trying to achieve?  Are you trying to move the DB to a different server?

Thanks -

Joe

Level 7
Message 5 of 7

Yes the idea was to move the DB to a new server and also change the instance also.  It seems to have almost managed, as when I did test connection it worked, and when I rebooted the server those red errors popped up.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Okay, that should be fairly painless

Generally speaking when you get that screenful of red errors that means that ePO cannot talk to its database. Double-check things like usernames and passwords. Also, one thing that can catch the unwary:

In certain situations a combination of having the instance and the port specified can confuse ePO. Make sure you only have one or the other defined in the conre/config page when you're testing the connection - i.e. if you know the server name and instance name, specify these and leave the port blank. If this fails the connection check, or fails when the services are restarted, remove the instance name and specify the port number. (If you know the port number you don't need the instance name as there can only be one instance listening on a particular port.)

HTH -

Joe

Level 7
Message 7 of 7

Thanks mate,

will check things out tomorrow and see how things go!