cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 4.5 and WSUS

Hi Everyone,

Anyone can help me on my EPO 4.5, coz i installed WSUS on my EPO 4.5 server and when i update my mcafee workstation to update to my server  i get failed. And when my WSUS port turn off i update my clients to my EPO Server.

Thanks,

McAfeeFanatic

3 Replies
Mal09
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: EPO 4.5 and WSUS

I believe by default both EPO and WSUS want to use port 80 / 443. This is likely to be your issue.

What ports are listed in EPO under Menu, Configuration, Server Settings, Port. ?

If "Agent-to-server configuration port" is listed as 80, You could consider changing  it - although the process does contain several steps. https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67605 or changing the WSUS port.

There could also be a possible conflict with the "Agent-to-server communication secure port" , by default it is port 443 - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66929

I would check your WSUS settings and ensure that there aren't conflicts with the McAfee ports.

Hi Mal09,

Yes i am using the default port of my EPO the 80 and 443, i will check the port settings on my WSUS and i will keep you posted.

Thanks,

McAfeeFanatic

Yes! i change the ports into my WSUS and now working!

Thanks,

McAfeeFanatic

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community