cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 4.5 Reports

Jump to solution

I have what I hope is an easy question for someone.  I have EPO 4.5 and I'm just trying to do a report of some kind that will show me what the policy settings are and who they are applied to.  For example - in the "VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0 > On-Access General Policies > My Default" policies under the general tab - something that prints that page in a nice pdf or word format that I can save on the network.  Really I want to do this to all the polices without having to print each page in the browser.   I've also tried the Policy Catalog export feature but the data is in an xml format which I can't use.  Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 9

Re: EPO 4.5 Reports

Jump to solution

I don't believe there's a way to do this via the query builder, unfortunately    The details of policies like this are not available to be queried against as far as I know.

Sorry

Regards -

Joe

8 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi shawiws, perhaps the attached report can help. It will show which VSE 8.7i policies are applied to which machines.

You'll just need to import the report on your ePO server and see if it's what you need

Jump to solution

Thanks for your XML File

Could you please send some more custom reports

Bcos i am not happy with the default reports

Thanks once again.......

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Er - the whole point of the query engine is to allow you to create your own reports, customised to your own environment. The default reports are only examples.

It's unlikely that a report created by another user will be any use to you unless it is modified, which kind of defeats the purpose...

I strongly recommend you experiment with your own queries and reports - you will get much more out of ePO if you do.

Regards -

Joe

Jump to solution

Yeah, I'm experimenting with the reports now.  I can't seem to find a way yet to just list one policy and list underneath that a listing of all the settings that are applied to it.  I can create a report listing the computer name and which policy is applied - I just don't get the details of that policy listed.  Seems like an easy thing for McAfee to include . . . I must be overlooking it?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

I don't believe there's a way to do this via the query builder, unfortunately    The details of policies like this are not available to be queried against as far as I know.

Sorry

Regards -

Joe

Jump to solution

Ok thanks for checking,  well at least I can export them as an xml file for backup purposes.  I wonder if there is an xml conversion tool to MS word?  Even a text document would be better than nothing I suppose.  I'll dig in google and see what I can find. 

Jump to solution

Beond compare is  a good tool to do lots of thing with different files including xml

Jump to solution

Thanks ulyses31 - I'll give it a try today.