Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rugbee
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

EPO 4.5 Query: System Counts based on Tags

Hi Folks,

I use various TAGs in ePO 4.5 for policy assignment and system tree sorting.  These tags are also used to for some of my SLA metric reports.  It would be of great benefit to provide a list of system counts based on Tags.  Sounds like a simple query but I can't seem to create one that simply shows a bar graph or pie chart displaying % of managed systems based on Tags only.  For example if I had 500 workstations, 200 Virtual Desktops and 100 Servers.  I may tag them as WORKSTATION, SERVER and VDI.  I would like to be able to have a query that displays a chart with the count of systems for each assigned tag.

Do I have to upgrade to 4.6 for this functionality?

I can see the counts when looking at the Tags within the Tag catalog so the information is there, but I don't know how to get it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message was edited by: rugbee on 10/19/11 1:43:39 PM CDT
3 Replies

Re: EPO 4.5 Query: System Counts based on Tags

Have you had any luck in the past six months in getting this to work? It seems like it should be pretty straight forward and I'm quite surprised it's so difficult as well.

rugbee
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

I have since upgraded to 4.6 but stil ldid not find an "easy" way to create this report.  I opted for another route.  I tag my systems using a server task except for those that are imported via Active Directory.  Anything that is imported via Active Directory is auto tagged.

As part of the Server Task I also populate the 1st Custom Property field with the TAG information.  For example for Servers I would put SERVER in the Custom property field.  I was able to create a query based on tags using the custom property field as this is a selectable option and TAG is not.  Hope that helps.

I agree with stscott as well, I was just trying to do this and it just isn't simple.  I'm trying to cleanup unused tags since it takes forever to get into the Tag Catalog.