cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EPO 4.5 - Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem regarding on EPO 4.5 after i enforce a policy my McAfee Agent response that " Agent failed to communicate with ePO server. That's why my new policy did not take effect to my McAfee agent.

Hope someone will solve my problem.

Thanks,

McAfeeFanatic

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

My McAfee Agent is now working properly and no error occured, after i restarted the service of ePO Server and disabled then enabled the port 443 on ePO my new policy is now refreshed and now working properly...

Thanks again,

McAfeefanatic

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

any solution? please...

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Have you tried re-installing the Agent? How many machines are you seeing this on?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

when the McAfee Agent is getting new new policies and try to break it nothing happen...and the error was prompting...i think more than 100

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

Are you getting only one liner error 'Failed to communicate to the server' or any other error message?

Can we have snap below?

Here, we need to check couple of things.

1. Check the network communication from client to server and from server to client (with Netbios name,FQDN, IP address).

2. Make sure that agent ports (both agent to server communication port and agent to server secure communication port) are opened. This can be verified either from Telnet or by netstat.

3. How many client machines are not communicating? I will also suggest you to look into ePO server and see  Apache service is running or not. If not then we should look there is  port 443 is used by any application like IIS etc.

4. If still communication is failing then I will sugget you to post Agent and Mcscript.log file.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

My McAfee Agent is now working properly and no error occured, after i restarted the service of ePO Server and disabled then enabled the port 443 on ePO my new policy is now refreshed and now working properly...

Thanks again,

McAfeefanatic

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 7 of 11

Re: EPO 4.5 - Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server

Jump to solution

I get this same error on a group of machines with a new image. Not sure what to think we sysprep them and all but they keep giving the "fail to communicate with server" error. So the 90% of my machines work just fine and are all DHCP and confgured the same.  The extremely weird part is the agents connect to the server for DAT files but do not get the policies or scheduled tasks. I setup a new task for Agent 4.5 Patch 2 but those machines with this error don't pull it down for install. What is the process for using netstat or telnet for testing connectivity on the assigned ports for the agent?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

RickIA,  I am having the same problem.  It's not system wide, just a few machines here and there.  Did you ever find out what was the problem?

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

I did. It was an agent duplicate guid problem. I ran a query called "Systems with High Sequence Errors" and it showed me the workstations that had the duplicate GUID problem. You select them go to Rogue Sensor and choose "Add to Sensor Blacklist" All of those machines the next time they communicate with the server will generate a new GUID.

Jump to solution

Is this problem occurs once I configure ACL in the network? 
because I was using fine mcafee agent and every user is up to date, but now I install manually, but those clients are not showing in the system tree.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community