cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RE: EPO 4.5 Agent Handler Use

Finally got it to work.

To Recap. I have a main EPO server, and a Agent Handler that has a outward facing IP address which is published in the config settings.. The AH has a connection back to the SQL Cluster.

In EPO 4.5 there is a new setting in Server Setting Ports that needs to be addressed. There is a new Agent-To-Server Communication Secure Port that needs to be either disabled OR allowed thru the firewall. This port(443) is used for TLS Encrypted communications. Once I disabled it, and copied the new Framepkg.exe to my laptop everything worked like it should.

KB66929 explains how to change it. I'm going to request that it be opened up in our firewalls and will migrate to that port instead of my trusty 8081. I'm told that it is very important for Host DLP.

I currently have a handfull of Laptops for testing, but so far everything looks good. Pushing software via Verizon Wireless Laptop card was painfull, but minor updates are okay.

Hope this helps someone out there......It does work!!!!!

RE: EPO 4.5 Agent Handler Use

Thanks Kellerjd for your detailed explanation. Really appreciate it.

The agent handler I configured in DMZ is working like a charm now.

- A
RickIA
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 18

Re: RE: EPO 4.5 Agent Handler Use

if I had an alternate port specified and working on my EPO box for my SQL connection, I need to use that port NOT 1433 for agent handler data connections correct?

GWIRT
Level 12
Message 14 of 18

RickIA,

That would be correct.

arruza
Level 7
Message 15 of 18

Resuming my experience We have to open following ports from Agent Handler (standalone computer) to our Epo 4.5+SQL Express 2005 Server.

8443   Epo port

1433 Ms SQL Server

1434 Ms SQL Resolver

3882 Ms SQL DTS

Hi arruza,

maybe a stupid question, but what is the port 3382  ("3882 Ms SQL DTS") used for ?

That is, in which case is it needed to allow connections from Agent Handler to SQL DTS ?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

McAfee Employee jstanley
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 18

It is not required. Page 14 of the Agent Handler White paper indicates the required ports. I've attached a copy of the agent handler white paper.

arruza
Level 7
Message 18 of 18

> but what is the port 3382  ("3882 Ms SQL  DTS") used for ?

> That is, in which case is it needed to allow  connections from Agent Handler to SQL DTS ?

I dont know what is used for 3382 port but we monitored all ports used from agent handler to epo server. If we block this port on the firewall the Agent Handler reports errors in comunications.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community