Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chj
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 18

EPO 4.5 Agent Handler Use

Hi,

is it possible to use the agent handler with only one free Port (agent handler port to epo server)

i want to use the agent handler in a DMZ with only 1 Port open (to ePO 4.5 Server).
Is that possible?

Or that Ports need the agent handler to function?
17 Replies

RE: EPO 4.5 Agent Handler Use

I had a conference call yesterday with McAfee regarding this issue. They are researching and will let me know EXACTLY what needs to be done to put a agent handler in the DMZ. Will post what I find out.
Dvanmeter
Level 10
Message 3 of 18

Yes, please do. I am planning on doing this also for laptops. I thought clients had to have agent ma4.5 for this to work though? Is that not correct?

Not sure. I have had conflicting answers regarding MA 4.5. Tier 3 has a complete picture of what I assets I have at my disposal and what I need to accomplish. I am still waiting for their suggested blueprint.
Jhon
Level 7
Message 5 of 18

Did anybody get this to work?

I installed a Agent handler in our DMZ but after a first contact (see Epolicy audit log) with the Epo server the agent handler still does not work.
I opened (for test) all tcp/ip port both ways, but this did not help.

Anybody?

@kellerjd, did Mcafee come with a solution?
Sk1dMARK
Level 11
Message 6 of 18

I have not worked with Agent Handlers yet, but it is my understanding that they need direct access to your ePO SQL instance.

Do you have a route to your SQL server open to and from the Agent Handler in the DMZ?

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark
Jhon
Level 7
Message 7 of 18

Yep..

You completly right, you have to have port 1433 to the SQL server open.

I found out just after I posted my first reply to this thread.
Now i can confirm this works.

thanks for your input..
challiwag
Level 10
Message 8 of 18

can you reiterate what ports you had to open please?
I must admit, I played around with the handler in a DMZ for a while and got nowhere.
Highlighted

Can you write down the steps for putting an agent handler in the DMZ please starting from the install?

- A

Wish I could help some more. Right now, I am shooting blanks. I have everything setup, it looks good, but for whatever reason my test laptop will not connect to the AH. I have a email into my McAfee Rep asking for more help since Tier 1 is worthless right now.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community