Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chj
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 18

EPO 4.5 Agent Handler Use

Hi,

is it possible to use the agent handler with only one free Port (agent handler port to epo server)

i want to use the agent handler in a DMZ with only 1 Port open (to ePO 4.5 Server).
Is that possible?

Or that Ports need the agent handler to function?
17 Replies

RE: EPO 4.5 Agent Handler Use

I had a conference call yesterday with McAfee regarding this issue. They are researching and will let me know EXACTLY what needs to be done to put a agent handler in the DMZ. Will post what I find out.
Dvanmeter
Level 10
Message 3 of 18

Yes, please do. I am planning on doing this also for laptops. I thought clients had to have agent ma4.5 for this to work though? Is that not correct?

Not sure. I have had conflicting answers regarding MA 4.5. Tier 3 has a complete picture of what I assets I have at my disposal and what I need to accomplish. I am still waiting for their suggested blueprint.
Jhon
Level 7
Message 5 of 18

Did anybody get this to work?

I installed a Agent handler in our DMZ but after a first contact (see Epolicy audit log) with the Epo server the agent handler still does not work.
I opened (for test) all tcp/ip port both ways, but this did not help.

Anybody?

@kellerjd, did Mcafee come with a solution?
Sk1dMARK
Level 11
Message 6 of 18

I have not worked with Agent Handlers yet, but it is my understanding that they need direct access to your ePO SQL instance.

Do you have a route to your SQL server open to and from the Agent Handler in the DMZ?

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark
Jhon
Level 7
Message 7 of 18

Yep..

You completly right, you have to have port 1433 to the SQL server open.

I found out just after I posted my first reply to this thread.
Now i can confirm this works.

thanks for your input..
challiwag
Level 10
Message 8 of 18

can you reiterate what ports you had to open please?
I must admit, I played around with the handler in a DMZ for a while and got nowhere.

Can you write down the steps for putting an agent handler in the DMZ please starting from the install?

- A

Wish I could help some more. Right now, I am shooting blanks. I have everything setup, it looks good, but for whatever reason my test laptop will not connect to the AH. I have a email into my McAfee Rep asking for more help since Tier 1 is worthless right now.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community