cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 4.5.6 --- Can eval branch contain 2 McAfee Agent versions?

Hi,

I am evaluating the McAfee Agent 4.5(patch3) on some host and I noticed that newer systems (Windows 8) would actualy need McAfee Agent 4.6(patch3).

I have McAfee Agent 4.5 patch1 in my CURENT branch, I know the CURENT branch can only have one version of a specific product at a time. Is it different for the EVAL branch? Can I check in different agent version?

b) Can I actually checkin MA463 into a EPO server 4.5(sp6) ? Would doing so break existing task and policies?

Thanks for the insight.

5 Replies

Re: EPO 4.5.6 --- Can eval branch contain 2 McAfee Agent versions?

Hi mcafeeuser9999, unfortunately you cannot have more than 1 McAfee Agent version at the same time on the same branch. You could have up to 3 different versions, one under current branch, another one under evaluation and the last one under the previous branch.

Checking a new McAfee Agent into your repository won't affect policies or deployment tasks (except if you have a deployment task for McAfee Agent, where you should edit it to select the version you want).

alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

I am afraid you can not do it for Evaluation branch as weel, it will opt you fro overwrite.

Yes you can overwrite latest 4.6 p3 in current branch and deploy it on all machines, it will not break any exixting task and policies.

Also chekin latest Extexnsions for MA agent 4.6 p3 as well.

Regds.

You will need to shuffle things around but you can utilize the "Previous" branch to do what you are testing.  However you will also need to create a new McAfee Agent policy changing the update branch to Previous.

Thanks for the answers.

So if I understand correctly, MA463 is supported on EPO456.

I can check in the EPOAGENTMETA.zip and the help_msa_460ZIP (extensions). After I can checkin the the  MA460P3WIN.ZIP (software package) into the EVAL branch.

What about the AgentKeyUpdate.ZIP packages, Do I need that at the moment?

alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

When the MA 4.6 agent is installed (or when the key updater package is run) the agent must complete a key exchange with the ePO server.So I think AgentKeyUpdate.ZIP package must be checkd in.