I just deployed EPO 4.0 and patched it with release 7 and i was having issue deploying VSE 8.7i on windows 7 and i read few discussions and notice that i had to upgrade the Agent from 3.6 to 4.5 but even after the upgrade i started having issue with the agent itself. the EPO shows that the agent is deployed but when i try for pull out logs for it, it doest show reffer to attach screenhsot (EPO1.jpeg and EPO2.jpeg). also i have notice that the appache services on windows 7 in not stating up and the agent logs shows that it was unable to communicate with the epo server.
any help is appreciated.
note in screenshot EPO3.jpeg the extension in the configuration still shows 3.6
20100915183135 I #1616 Sched m_szPlatforms = -> WIN95|WIN98|WINME|WNTS|WNTW|WXPW|WXPS|WXPHE|W2KS|W2KW|WVST|WVSTS
I dont see win7 in the supported platforms.........
Having similar challenges with epO 4.0 - have stayed ePO 4.0 agent as we have a legacy group of Win2k Servers that won't be ugraded for a few more months but am now getting pushed at the other end of the scale - User wanting Windows 7 with I.E. 8 - We have upgraded the ePO server to ePO 4.5 but left the agent at 4.0 and am having issues with the agent on these systems not functioning
Thank you all for you support and would like to inform that i resolve the issue, i did try out the script mention in the KB but its was working, now i know where i made the mistake. I didnt install the extension for Agent 4.5 and VSE 8.7i and that was the reason the issue were coming on win7.
thanks again.Message was edited by: yagashi on 9/18/10 5:19:55 AM CDT