Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chvgms
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

EPO 4.0 reporting problem

Hi,

When I search for machine reports for EPO agent version and VSE version, I can see weird reports in the console. Though the machines have both agent and vse, for some of machines under Installed products it will dispaly both agent and vse version and for other machine it will diaply only vse version. How do i rectify this. I am attaching the screenshot for your reference. Pls advise.

Thanks,

Sridhar

8 Replies
ajacobs
Level 12
Message 2 of 9

Re: EPO 4.0 reporting problem

Hi Sridhar,

I've moved this over to our ePO community. Has your issue been resolved yet?

Hi, as a quick test, select one of the machines only showing partial information, and then send an agent wakeup call, ensuring send full props is selected.  This will force the agent to resend the full properties of the system up.  Then refresh the screen on the host and see if it has updated all the information.

If this resolves the issue, I would suggest you set a scheduled task to send full props.  This will ensure the epo server db is fully up to date.

chvgms
Level 7
Message 4 of 9

I have done all the testing mentioned with no luck.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Hi, have you opened a support case.  If not, I suggest you do so.  It seems like you have an issue here.  We will need to have a look at the property file uploaded by the agent.

Steps to do first though.

1: On a machine showing this issue, run the MER tool.  This can be downloaded from the following location. http://mer.mcafee.com/enduser/downloadlatestmer.aspx

2: Open a support case, and upload the mer results.

3: Talk to support.

One final thing I would try is to push a new agent onto the machine.  Its possible the install on these machines are not correct, and the agent thinks that you only have certain products installed.

chvgms
Level 7
Message 6 of 9

Hi Chris,

Thanks. Is there any doc available to troubleshoot client for the reporting issues?

Thanks,

Sridhar

chvgms
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Hi ,

I have opened a case. But it seems to be more issues apart from that. Clients are failing to upload the reports to the server and Failed to get acknowledgement from Server. I have attached the log for your reference. All of a sudden nearly 100 clients started showing the same error message though they have agent, VSE and antispyware installed and up to date with the latest dat. Also I couldnt filnd the agent version of the machines showing as non-compliant.

Thanks,

Sridhar

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

This looks like you might have a sequence number issue... please see  KB 60776   or  KB 65611   for more information. ePO 4 patch 5 or above (or ePO 4.5) have the ability to handle this situation.

Regards -

Joe

chvgms
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

The issue was with the DB size. I have sql 2005 express running on y EPO server, afrer deleting the events older than x months and installing the latest extns for 8.5 v all the machines started showing the full props in the console.

Thanks all for your help.

Sridhar