Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brentz
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

EPO 4.0 SQL Upgrade

We are in the process of planning to upgrade our EPO 4.0 Server to Sql 2005 form SQL 200 SP3.  I have found a Microsoft Book on the upgrade process.  Should we run the SQL 2005 Upgrade Advisor or not?  After the migration to SQL 2005 the book lists several steps to complete:

1.  Register Server

2.  Set Database compatability to 90.  I assume this cannot be done until the EPO is upgraded to 4.5.

3.  Execute Update Statistics

4.. Update USeage Counters

5.  Configyre the surface area

6.  Repopulate full-text catalogs.

Are all of these post migration steps needed?  Just looking for some advice from someone who has already completed this process.

Thanks

Brent

3 Replies
McAfee Employee spamidi
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: EPO 4.0 SQL Upgrade

Yes - all the steps except for step 6 can be done without any negative impact to ePO.  Step 6 is unncessary if the SQL Instance is dedicated for ePO use - since Full Text catalog is not used by it. Your observation on step 2 is also correct. It can be done after moving to ePO 4.5.

brentz
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.  After I upgrade to EPO 4.5 does it matter in which order I change the database compatabilty to SQL 2005?  Should the system databases (master, model) be done first?  Should the steps above be completed again once I change the compatability settings?

Thanks again.

McAfee Employee spamidi
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Compatibilty mode change is only needed for ePO database- not the system databases. Also, no steps need to be repeated after changing compatibility mode.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator