cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 4.0 Agent & VSE Distribution

Hi,

Having just upgraded EPO 3.5 to EPO 4.0 I have 2 annoying problems.

1> A PC with a new install of XP and firewall off will not accept the agent, or EPO simply says

"Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found. "

Both ping and DNS for that system work fine - any thoughts?

2> EPO 4.0 will allow me to create a distribution task, but will not distribute VSE 8.5, it simply runs past the time of the task and does not run it - is there anything simple I could be missing?

Many thanks,

Ben
7 Replies

RE: EPO 4.0 Agent & VSE Distribution

Hello,

I got a similar problem.

However I can deploy agents (ePO 3.6.0), but Deployment Task for installing VSE8.5 does not work.
I would also like to have a solution wink
tomazi
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 8

I have the same problem of yours if you find a solution please let me know

thanks a lot

What are your deployment task settings ? I set it to "Run immediately" and then run at every enforcement intervall - works fine.
tomazi
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

the ePO agent is installed correctly the problem is with Virus Scan.

Normally when it was working, I used to run the agent installation and I had every thing deployed:

prog files\common framework & prog files\virus scan

now I have only prog files\common framework
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 8

Tomazi, please provide your deployment task settings so we can check them, and also the agent log for an affecetd machine at the time when the task runs.

Thanks

Hello I do not have the logs right now, but I notice is, that I am not able to install VirusScan even sitting in front of the machine, when the ePO Agent is already installed. I do have first to install VirusScan and afterwards I install the ePO Agent.

Maybe this is the same problem, when trying to install VirusScan through the ePO Deployment Task? Each System already has an ePO Agent installing VirusScan subsequently does not work out, because the ePO Agent is hindering the installation process. That´s just speculation.

Best Regards,
bwagrocki
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 8 of 8

You are using a 3.6.0.xxx agent or higher on the pc's you want to install VSE on?

The task may have to run more than once to finsih off installing VSE 8.5 if it also have to upgrade the agent, but if you are push installing the same agent version then this wont make a difference as the first time it comes up and talks to the server it will run the deployment task
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator