cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO 4.0.0 Build 1015 with Mcafee Agent 3.6.0.546 and ViruScan Enterprise 8.5.0.781.Srv

Dear forumers,

My company's DC was recently upgraded from EPO 3.6.1 to EPO 4.0 and there are 4 other servers running Mcafee Agent 3.6.0.546. I understand that EPO is already at version 4.5 but I do not know why my company has just upped to EPO 4.0.

I'm currently trying to push the AV updates from the DC to the rest of the servers on Mcafee Agent 3.6.0.546 but unlike the previous EPO 3.6.1, I'm not able to push the updates automatically. But if I manually "Update Database" from the servers itself, they are able to download and update its definitions from the DC.

Can anyone help me please?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: EPO 4.0.0 Build 1015 with Mcafee Agent 3.6.0.546 and ViruScan Enterprise 8.5.0.781.Srv

I woud make sur you have an update task scheduled for the McAfee Agent. This should allow all the agent's to update. If not wat error message are you seeing in the Agent_<machinename>.log?

Re: EPO 4.0.0 Build 1015 with Mcafee Agent 3.6.0.546 and ViruScan Enterprise 8.5.0.781.Srv

Hello Formyco,

I would highly recommand that you update your McAfee Agent version. As the Common Management Agent 3.6.0.546 is not supported anymore and has at least one security flaw whilst running with Loglevel 8.

Further more I would recommend to update to McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 3 and install the associated extension in ePO 4.0. From what I can see is that the Version of ePO you are running is not patched at all - Patch 5 should be considered to be installed here as well.

As Greg mentioned make sure that an update task exist and also gets executed.

Rene

Hello Greg and Rene,

Greg, there is already an update task scheduled to wake the agents.

Rene, thanks for your suggestion to upgrade the agents. My company's cautious approach towards upgrading software is... For example, testing the DC on EPO 4 while the agents on member servers are still on 3.6.1.

But I'm glad to say that the problem is somehow solved. I tried to re-trigger the update task by setting it to "daily" and "run immediately". I've monitored it for 2 days and the member servers got their updates.

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions.