cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E.P.O 5.3.2 unable to start services

Hello,

I noticed when attempting to logon to our EPO web console today, i saw a message on the logon screen stating:

"Unable to connect to the database. Try reloading the page. If the issue reoccurs, notify your administrator and have them verify the database connection settings."

I logged onto the server and noticed that the EPO services were stopped.  I performed a reboot, and the services still did not restart - also tried manually starting with no luck.  I went into even viewer and saw the following application error log message: 

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> Apache.exe: Syntax error on line 176 of D:/Program Files (x86)/McAfee/ePolicy Orchestrator/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load modules/mod_eporepo.dll into server: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

I just inherited EPO from another group at our company, so i'm learning here as i go.  I went through some other forum posts here and it looks like the only other person that had a similar error to me just did a full restore from backup on their server.  I'd like to try to figure out the root cause if possible, whether it really is a corrupt OS, or if a software update (windows, java, etc) potentially broke something.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: E.P.O 5.3.2 unable to start services

Hi jhadd81,

'If' the details you have read match with your incident, then a restore is the best way forward!

The ePO server you have is no longer supported it went EOL (End of Life) 31st Dec 2018.

You would be better served to get the server on its feet again so you can upgrade it to a supported version. 

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator