cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate systems in the systems tree

Jump to solution
We currently have over 9000 systems in ePO. We currently have 36 systems that are duplicated. We have tried running the Duplicate Agent GUID task but that did not solve the issue. We manually delete the duplicates but when the AD sync occurs the same systems are duplicated.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Duplicate systems in the systems tree

Jump to solution

The duplicate guid task doesn't remove duplicate systems.  What that is designed to do is deal with systems that have duplicate agent guids (high sequence errors) and it instructs the agent to regenerate its guid.  It has nothing to do with actual duplicate entries in the console. 

For AD sync duplicates, what version epo are you on?  Are you doing any forceinstalls of the agent?  If so, that can create duplicates.  There is an issue with some versions of epo that can cause that.  See kb89427.  

If none of that applies, try deleting both entries from epo, then do the AD sync and let the agent check back in on its own.  It should then update that unmanaged entry with its props.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

The duplicate guid task doesn't remove duplicate systems.  What that is designed to do is deal with systems that have duplicate agent guids (high sequence errors) and it instructs the agent to regenerate its guid.  It has nothing to do with actual duplicate entries in the console. 

For AD sync duplicates, what version epo are you on?  Are you doing any forceinstalls of the agent?  If so, that can create duplicates.  There is an issue with some versions of epo that can cause that.  See kb89427.  

If none of that applies, try deleting both entries from epo, then do the AD sync and let the agent check back in on its own.  It should then update that unmanaged entry with its props.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

We are running on ePO 5.9.0. We have performed many forceinstalls but have never had the issue.  Looks like 5.9 has an issue that was fixed in 5.9.1.  We will need to look into upgrading to that version.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

If you are going to upgrade, I would suggest going to 5.10 if possible, as there won't be any 5.9.2 release. 

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thank you.

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with a larger subset using ePO 5.9.1

From what I can see the duplicate entries are mostly blank with just an AD description. Is that similar to what you have for an issue?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator