Highlighted
Pixels
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Duplicate systems in ePO

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are seeing an issue with ePO 5.9.1 Build 252 and Agent 5.0.6.550 with duplicate systems on one administrator user account.

- The duplicate system that the administrator is seeing has the same DNS name, same IP, same MAC, same last communication time and same user logged in. 

- This is only happening with one admin user account.  the other account are not seeing this same issue.  If I recreate the user account for the problematic account and sync it to the same user in ad the issue is no longer there. 

- If we run a duplicate system name query the duplicate will not show in this report.  If I select one of the duplicate systems the other system is selected automatically.

- The only way we can resolve this issue is to export the tree to csv and pen in excel to find the duplicates.

- I did read a KB about doing force installs of agent could cause endpoints to disappear, however in this use case the system do not disappear however creates a strange duplicate.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Duplicate systems in ePO

Jump to solution

If all the duplicate entries are selected when you click on one of the entries, then that is not a true duplicate system, but is caused by the columns displayed that results in duplicate properties for a system.  Take note of the columns that user has displayed in the system tree, then reset the columns back to default.  The issue should go away.  Then add them back and you should then identify the particular column that is causing the issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

If all the duplicate entries are selected when you click on one of the entries, then that is not a true duplicate system, but is caused by the columns displayed that results in duplicate properties for a system.  Take note of the columns that user has displayed in the system tree, then reset the columns back to default.  The issue should go away.  Then add them back and you should then identify the particular column that is causing the issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Pixels
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

So I did exactly what you said and that worked.  It turns out that our column for "Rogue State" was causing this issue for us.  I had another collegue test it out and sure enough his results were the same as mine.

Are you able to test this on your end to see if this is a product issue?  If so should a big report be created? 

Thank you for your help as you've been really helpfull to me the last little while now.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

It is not anything that needs to be reported.  It has to do with where that specific column is pulling data from that may result in displaying results in a separate row.  The workaround is to not use the specific column that is causing the issue.  There are also some known issues with virtual machines - see KB88341, for example.

Was my reply helpful?

Pixels
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

ok sounds good. again thank you for your help!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator