cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate system after deleting ENS through McAfee ENS removal tool

After removing the ENS utility, the ens removal tool, and after reinstall ENS I had duplicates of this system in the ePO console in the amount of 32 pc. ePO version - 5.10.0.2428 Update 3 ENS - 10.6.1 Agent - 5.5.1.388

dublicate.png

3 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Duplicate system after deleting ENS through McAfee ENS removal tool

Dear@User47076105 

This could happen if you force install Agent and also for various other reasons like if you have a Server with 2 NIC cards etc.

If the issue occurs during Agent force install, that can create duplicates.  There is an issue with some versions of epo that can cause that.  Refer to KB89427. 

If none of that applies, try deleting both entries from epo, then do the AD sync and let the agent check back in on its own.  It should then update that unmanaged entry with its props.

I hope the above information helps?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Cheers!!!!!

Venu

Your solution does not work, still 32 server duplicates.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

If you remove all duplicates and entries for that system and then let it check back in on its own, do the duplicates return?  Is this a virtual server?  If so, it is a persistent, or non-persistent system?  When is it showing up as duplicate - after an active directory sync, or when specifically? 

If it is a non-persistent vm, are you installing the agent in vdi mode?  What version epo and agent?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community