cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Drive decryption issue

Hi Cyberbm,

First I want to thank you for trying to help me.

I'm from the local IT myself and I already advised upper team , so-called "McAfee Experts", in my society which couldn't help me. Never heard from them about McAfee Disaster Recovery tool...

I saw the Force Crypt option before but I didn't know how to use it. Since I already did a clone of the drive I'm going to try your solution and keep you informed.

Whatever I thank you again.

Highlighted

Re: Drive decryption issue

Remember to work on the cloned hard drive, so that the original can be send to a third party data recovery company if you were not successful getting to the data.

Check out this article: McAfee Corporate KB - Best practices for manually decrypting an encrypted hard disk with Drive Encry...

• PD24871 - DE 7.1.x DETech User Guide
  • PD24427 - EEPC 7.0.x EETech User Guide

Note that you have to get the Start sector and Count of sectors from the "Disk Information" tab in the same tool and fill them out in the Force Crypt sectors screen and in your case press Encrypt. Once this step is done I can guide you on how to validate the correct XML file before starting another decryption. Keep us posted!

Get secure. Stay secure.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community