cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Drive decryption issue

Hi Cyberbm,

First I want to thank you for trying to help me.

I'm from the local IT myself and I already advised upper team , so-called "McAfee Experts", in my society which couldn't help me. Never heard from them about McAfee Disaster Recovery tool...

I saw the Force Crypt option before but I didn't know how to use it. Since I already did a clone of the drive I'm going to try your solution and keep you informed.

Whatever I thank you again.

Highlighted

Re: Drive decryption issue

Remember to work on the cloned hard drive, so that the original can be send to a third party data recovery company if you were not successful getting to the data.

Check out this article: McAfee Corporate KB - Best practices for manually decrypting an encrypted hard disk with Drive Encry...

• PD24871 - DE 7.1.x DETech User Guide
  • PD24427 - EEPC 7.0.x EETech User Guide

Note that you have to get the Start sector and Count of sectors from the "Disk Information" tab in the same tool and fill them out in the Force Crypt sectors screen and in your case press Encrypt. Once this step is done I can guide you on how to validate the correct XML file before starting another decryption. Keep us posted!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center